Home / News / San Pedro male and his daddy plead innocent to charges in Kristin

San Pedro male and his daddy plead innocent to charges in Kristin

A 44-year-old San Pedro male and his dad pleaded innocent Monday, April 19, to charges coming from the disappearance and death of Kristin Smart nearly 25 years ago.

Paul Flores pleaded innocent to murder in San Luis Obispo County Court. Ruben Flores, 80, of Arroyo Grande, pleaded not guilty to being a device after the fact. District attorneys accused the senior Flores of helping his boy hide Smart’s body.

Paul Flores was purchased to stay in jail with no bail, but an extra hearing was scheduled for Ruben Flores for Wednesday, where there will be a discussion for decreased bail and conditional release.

His attorney, Harold Mesick, argued that his client had no prior criminal history and was not a hazard due to his medical condition, which needs high blood pressure checks and 17 different medications.

He likewise declared the proof versus Ruben Flores was “so minimal as to stun the conscience.”

The 2 males were jailed all at once on April 13 after a judge accepted arrest warrants for both, San Luis Obispo County Constable Ian Parkinson said recently.

Paul Flores, who is from Torrance and has actually resided in San Pedro for ten years, was the last recognized person to see Smart alive and was seen strolling with her after she had actually gone back to California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo following an off-campus celebration about 2 a.m. on May 25, 1996. They were both freshmen at the college at the time she disappeared.

Flores was accused of killing Smart in his dormitory either during the commission of a rape, or later on, San Luis Obispo County District Lawyer Dan Dow stated.

After serving several search warrants at four areas since February 2020 and discovering physical proof connected to Smart, a judge signed arrest warrants for the two guys, Parkinson stated.

Among the items authorities took were two trucks and a car coming from the Flores household. Other products of evidence gathered have not been talked about as the warrants have been under seal.

However Smart’s body has actually not been discovered, Parkinson said.

Los Angeles authorities Capt. Jonathan Tippet said last week that Flores also was the topic of two sexual attack cases in Los Angeles County, however the Los Angeles County District Lawyer’s Workplace had yet to decide whether to pursue those charges.

Paul Flores’ attorney, Robert Sanger, argued a few of the sexual attack accusations “make no sense,” while arguing for reduced bail. Paul Flores has stayed in California in spite of being advised he would be detained.

But district attorney Christopher Peuvrelle said Paul Flores still had connections to help him get out of the state at his request and the addition of a murder charge provided a large change in situations.

” That fundamentally alters that formula,” Peuvrelle said.

An initial hearing, at which a judge hears some or all of the evidence and identifies whether enough exists to purchase the defendants to stand trial, is set for July 6.

Check Also

Poseidon wins key authorization for desalination plant in Huntington Beach

Poseidon Water’s questionable proposition for a desalination plant in Huntington Beach won a key permit …

Social Share Buttons and Icons powered by Ultimatelysocial
RSS